Postoperative care is crucial to minimise pain, infections, and swelling in your operated parts. The aftereffect of the nose surgery is relatively minimal, but it’s always better to follow the instructions given by your doctor.
Nasal surgery is a popular and common surgery to beautify your nose and benefit the breathing process. The success of the surgery depends on the patient, so ask your doctor how to take care after nose surgery (วิธี ดูแล หลัง ทํา จมูก, which is the term in Thai). The achieve the best result from nose surgery, one should pay routine attention to the recovery process.
Recovery Timeline Of Rhinoplasty
It usually takes a year to recover, so the extended period breaks into a timeline.
- First Week: Remove the spilt by this time, and you can enjoy yourself in public or start your normal activities. No noticeable trace of scar from surgery, except there can be bruises around the eyes. Within two weeks, it will get vanish.
- Second Week: The facial swellings should shrink, and the bruises around your eyes have faded.
- Third And Fourth Weeks: you should engage in cardiovascular activities like brisk walking, jogging and cycling.
- Sixth Week: By this week, your bore is stable, so you can join your resistance workout and blow your nose.
- Seven- Nine Weeks: The numbness and unusual sensations in the nasal skin should have diminished.
- One Year: Your enhancing new nose is ready.
How To Take Care After Nose Surgery Correctly
Follow Your Doctor’s Instruction
If you want a speedy recovery, always prioritise your doctor’s advice. They will specify the medication to take and the time to take those.
Keep Your Head Raised.
Sleeping on your side can worsen by prolonging recovery time; it may cause additional swelling and bruise. So keep your head elevated at least for six weeks. Prop your head up on two pillows or foam wedges.
Using a cold press in the first 72 hours can decline your swelling. Avoid directly applying compress on the nose; spread on the check.
Healthy Diet And Rest
Proper diet support speeds up your recovery time by providing the required nutrients to heal the wound.
The rest of eight hours each day is crucial in healing your wound.
Avoid Blowing Your Nose And Wearing Glasses.
You may feel congestion for a few weeks and resist blowing your nose. After six weeks, you are good to do.
Any glasses can put pressure on your nose. It is better to switch to contact lenses.
The rhinoplasty recovery process varies from patient to patient. But if you follow the doctor’s advice on how to take care after nose surgery, your surgery will be successful.